Cool Bellhousing for G-body manual swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

1988MCLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2010
GREENEVILLE TENNESSEE 37745
I ordered a 80 gmc sprint bellhousing and i got this in...It is for a 1980 AMC Spirit...2.5 4speed ,This is basically a small block chevy bellhousing that will accept a ford transmission...Now what is very cool is that you can use any 93-02 camaro/firebird 6 cylinder T5 will simply bolt right up, The fork is in the same location as the g-bellhousing 606 is..And if you wanted to you could put a ford T5 in a g-body...a small block chevy in your jeep...A small block chevy in a T5 mustang....man it is an orignal AMC part...after all thats what made them anyway...A little of this a little of that..This is just another option than finding an orignal g-bell There is some old Iron duke AMC stuff still out there...

Attachments

• w1.JPG
    w1.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,674

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
that is awesome! good find

1988MCLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2010
This was found by a junkyard man's mistake on inventory of a GMC SPRINT....(ELCAMINO) BUT A AMC SPIRIT

all 93-95 3.4 camaro/firebirds have warner T5's with ford bolt pattern, and the 96-2002 f-bodies have warner T5's as well just a different speedo for the newer 3800 cars. I did the research and found all this out...Hey another option...to 5 speed a g-body..

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Are these cheaper and easier to find than a g body bell housing?

1988MCLS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2010
I did find 2 more that are local to me...in the older yards...There are several more out there..But this lets you ran a 93-2002 f -body V6 5 speed...unlike the factory bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor