Coolant/ anti freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Good to know. I am just using our reverse osmosis tap water from now on, used it this last time, pay enough for it as is. It seems there is draw backs, no matter which water is used. The waterless Coolant isn't strong enough for our Winters. Turbo Power is the one selling Deionized Water up here as the stuff to use in your radiator.
And, you know, if you had a plastic/aluminum radiator, an all aluminum block, all aluminum heads, proper gaskets and the like... well then you're probably OK. Carbonic acid doesn't have significant interaction with aluminum usually. I doubt they're doing the inquiries on each customer's build though, and I'd guess they just see it as a chance at an upsell. Then again, even an aluminum engine with steel shim gaskets may see a pitting/erosion issue over time somewhere you don't want it so....

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have a mix of Deionized, hard scale tap water and reverse osmosis. Yeah, the new motor will get a flushed system and new 50/50 with RO water.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor