Coolant Pressure Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Anyone here using a coolant pressure gauge.I have been trying to find a good gauge to buy but I can't find a kit that has a 20-25 lbs max. I can use an oil or gas pressure gauge but I'd rather have a temp pressure gauge.... :popcorn:

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
why

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Would a water pressure gauge work? AutoMeter makes one that goes to 60 psi, there’s others that go higher, but they’re not cheap.
Like $200 not cheap.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL

pretty pricey but goes upto 100 PSi.
We use them to data log quite a bit. Know if lift a head and prevent possible catastrophic failures.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

pretty pricey but goes upto 100 PSi.
We use them to data log quite a bit. Know if lift a head and prevent possible catastrophic failures.

I saw that one, it is pricey with a price tag in Canada of over $250....:unsure:

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
that's strange, I looks at AutoMeter gauges yesterday and never saw this one

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00062ZVDS/?tag=rippca-20
This might be what you’re looking for

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LE6E60/?tag=gbody-20

It looks like all the cheaper gauges are mechanical though. The ones that use a sensor go for around $200 in the states, I can’t imagine the markup you’ll have.
Here’s one of the electrical ones from Summit

QuickCar also makes one, but I can’t comment on how well it works.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
This might be what you’re looking for

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LE6E60/?tag=gbody-20

It looks like all the cheaper gauges are mechanical though. The ones that use a sensor go for around $200 in the states, I can’t imagine the markup you’ll have.
Here’s one of the electrical ones from Summit

QuickCar also makes one, but I can’t comment on how well it works.

I like mechanical guages, my oil and temp gauges are mechanical. I have Autometer gauges now but they have a black face and I just need it the 35 lbs gauge. The Nascar model is black but that goes up to 100 lbs and it'll cost me over $250

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Interesting, never knew they made these but yeah another tool in maximizing your cooling system. Hopefully Amazon actually has these in stock. I ordered two different Autometer tachs, said they were in stock. Waited over a week while they were preparing shipment for the first one. They actually refunded the money it took so long. Ordered another one, same BS message and cancelled it four days later. It they send a message preparing it for shipment, it might eventually show up.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor