Coolant temp sensor connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm looking for the correct connector for the coolant temp sensor in the left cylinder head of the 305 in my '80 Malibu. The sensor has an end on it that looks like a nail head. I'm looking for the connector that goes on that sensor. A part number would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Standard s2292 is the right shape, but does not have the slot in it from what I can tell.

There is a kit from lectric limited for a 70 chevelle that has the correct connector shell, and comes with the terminal and wire. https://www.lectriclimited.com/repa...emperature-sending-unit-lead-repair-kit-88228

34620.jpg

Here's an assembled one for a nickel less..http://www.ss396.com/chevelle/CPX-999.html

CPX-999.jpg

I'm sure you already know this, the terminal slides on from the side, the nailhead goes in the terminal and the post portion slides in the slot. This came up a while back, so I thought I'd throw out a reminder.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you go to Napa ask them for the book on electrical connectors and go through that, it'll probably be in there

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If you go to Napa ask them for the book on electrical connectors and go through that, it'll probably be in there

Maybe, everything that came up in the online searches was a newer style connector, until I looked for older applications. The standard 2292 was listed in a few places, but I believe it only works with the replacement senders, which use a spade terminal rather than the post style. The OE connector will fit either. Lectric apparently reproduces the OE style sender with the post, for that 100 point resto of a mid 70s GM product

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Maybe, everything that came up in the online searches was a newer style connector, until I looked for older applications. The standard 2292 was listed in a few places, but I believe it only works with the replacement senders, which use a spade terminal rather than the post style. The OE connector will fit either. Lectric apparently reproduces the OE style sender with the post, for that 100 point resto of a mid 70s GM product

I was just trying to find one he can get in Canada, I have seen the cost of the shipping from the US at close to $14 US for that part. It's hard to do a search for that cause they keep directing me to a singe wire sensor and not a sender. He might find one at the scrap yard, Ford and Chrysler used that connector as well

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Oh, I get it, just a caution that many of the cataloged parts are incorrect.

Shipping is getting to be an expensive proposition. I mailed an insect specimen for my wife's class to an address 25 miles away, it was almost $7. Their first suggestion was $23.74 for guaranteed next day delivery.....I told her I could drive it there for less than that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks again, to everyone for your help. I am also concerned about the shipping and exchange fees, so I'm hoping to find something on this side of the border. I appreciate the assistance.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor