Cooper versus Hankook

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
My daily driver needs new tires. I’ve been really happy with Cooper tires in the past. They have a hard compound, wear very well and provide great traction in snow and slush. My local tire store is trying to convince me that Hancook tires are a better choice. Is there anyone here that has first-hand experience with Hancook tires? How do they wear and did you have any issues with them like developing eggs on the side wall or leaky beads? Tires that won’t hold their balance drive me crazy. Before spending $600 it would be nice to get some input. Thanks

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Many times, but not always, you get what you pay for.

However, that said, like my dad used to tell me- "Buy the best that you can afford." So if you feel $80 is a significant upcharge you can't see a value in, then buy the Hankooks.

In a year, you won't even be thinking about that $80 one way or another. JMO

Reactions: 4 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I’m keeping an open mind on this. I used to run Michelin exclusively ($$). Then I switched to Cooper and found they were just as good or better at least in my tire size. Everyone I talk to praises the Hancooks so I might try them. Just looking for somebody here with first-hand experience owning Hancook‘s. Thanks guys

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I just put a set of Hankooks on my 68 Cougar. I only went with them because I run a really outside the box size between the front and rear, 17" front and 18" rear and Hankook allowed me to match the tread in the two extreme sizes.

The lower price was a bonus. I haven't had them on long enough (only a few months) to give a true report based on experience.

With that said, I have Coopers on my G-Wagon, also in a mismatched size, albeit more traditional 14" and 15". The rears were new a year ago, the fronts are only a few weeks old. I'm a fan of Coopers as I also have them same size all around on my Delta 88 and those are about 6 years old and I really like them.

I'll take either over BF Goodrich any day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Ruel of thumb, yes you get what you pay for, but certain Tire companies get better deals on certain brands because they buy in volume. So lets say the Hankook's were better priced, perhaps the tire company buys those is mass compared to the Coopers which they don't, hence the price increase. Hankook tires sell themselves, quality, long wearing and no balance issues.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I have Hankook tires on the front and Cooper tires on the rear of my Malibu. The car drives dead straight, doesn't vibrate, so I have no issues with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor