Cooper versus Hankook

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Haven't seen anyone bring up Generals. I'm on my 4th set (second on current truck). Granted they are "station wagon" tires (Grabber HTS60 P265/65R18) but they did great with me when my trucks were the company work horse when I was reading electric meters. Had Goodyears, Coopers, Firestones on but they were toast in less than a year.

Michael Bennett

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2018
Hmmm. Maybe Cooper gets to keep their name? Or will it change to Goodyear? Looks like Cooper has a new owner, so you can bet dime to donuts the prices won't come down any time soon.

I'm disappointed to see this. Cooper has been an American owned company that made really good tires for years. Hate to see them get gobbled up by Goodyear, but that's the way of the world now a days.

Oh, and I'd rather push my car with Coopers on it than drive with Hankooks.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
i lik hancook optimos.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If you fork it over for Michelins, don’t park them in the sunshine. Traction and tread wear is excellent, but the sidewalls fall apart in the stronger UV at altitude.

I put Sumitomos on the Scion and the Pilot for roughly the same as Michelins for the Pilot.

Tread wear has been good, can’t tell the difference in wet or snow traction.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor