MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thats news to me, who makes 17" GTA wheels?

Almost makes me wish I put those on my 2+2 instead of the Y1 ralleys! (ALMOST!)

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013

Y1, as you call it....

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Mine originated at Hawks Thirdgen, but I am sure they are the exact same wheels as the Year One units.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got my splash shield rigged up. Used what was left of the Krazy Karpet to extend the fender liner to the frame. Popped the filter sock on and called it a day.

IMG_20200627_163745.jpg
IMG_20200627_163832.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
In the lastest installment of "Anything but Bodywork" I decided to start on the meth lab...

Wait.

What?

Err stupid phone word suggestions - I'd never start a meth lab. At least not in such an overt manner.

Meth injection.

2.5L of go juice and chemical intercooling. The washer pumps will be staged at different activation points feeding the same line.

I remember in the good old days when my meth tank was the factory overflow bottle.
IMG_20200629_163941.jpg

Single nozzle for now. The injectors aren't even trying yet.

IMG_20200629_180134.jpg

Now if you will kindly tilt your head to the right... you will see what the flow rate for a single and twin nozzle.

And the little Darth Vader helmet shooting a healthy dose of the Force into the compressor housing.

IMG_20200629_180214.jpg

Next I need to set up the wiring. There are a couple of unused relays available that were added when I wired the car up for just this reason, which will be tied into the Hobbs switches, and a test/priming button in the cabin.

Maybe add some LEDs? I dunno. I hate wiring.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
your posts that contain graphs make my brain hurt and my eyes water,keep up the good work it's way cool.

• Haha
  • Agree

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
In the lastest installment of "Anything but Bodywork" I decided to start on the meth lab...

Wait.

What?

Err stupid phone word suggestions - I'd never start a meth lab. At least not in such an overt manner.

Meth injection.

2.5L of go juice and chemical intercooling. The washer pumps will be staged at different activation points feeding the same line.

I remember in the good old days when my meth tank was the factory overflow bottle.
View attachment 150271

Single nozzle for now. The injectors aren't even trying yet.

View attachment 150272

Now if you will kindly tilt your head to the right... you will see what the flow rate for a single and twin nozzle.

And the little Darth Vader helmet shooting a healthy dose of the Force into the compressor housing.

View attachment 150273

Next I need to set up the wiring. There are a couple of unused relays available that were added when I wired the car up for just this reason, which will be tied into the Hobbs switches, and a test/priming button in the cabin.

Maybe add some LEDs? I dunno. I hate wiring.
How are you staging said pumps (*ss-u-me-ing they are progressive)?

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
your posts that contain graphs make my brain hurt and my eyes water,keep up the good work it's way cool.

Try being the guy who comes up with this crap! Thanks, I mostly aim to be entertaining over educational. ;)

How are you staging said pumps (*ss-u-me-ing they are progressive)?

There are the two Hobbs switches on distribution block mounted on the intake I believe one is 4.5 psi and one is 9 psi - regardless they are both adjustable. Basically the goal is to have one pump back up the other one to ensure the system doesn't run lean. I mean, they are washer pumps. From Chy-nah. So it is a pretty big risk throwing them on there assuming they will last, or even work. I still think I need a couple of check valves to keep the system honest - either back feeding the other pump (if the path of least resistance is into its neighbour (unlikely) or getting siphoned by the turbo inlet's vacuum (will it be enough draw pressure?). You'll see in the HellKitty thread that I am working on a similar project using similar parts in a different application. I have some new parts in the mail that should aid both projects and my wife's garden.

The good news is because this is pre-turbo it doesn't need to overcome any pressure, there is also the advantage that it should aid in the adiabatic efficiency of the compressor by closing up all of tolerances and not upset the air mass too much. It will probably be a slight trade off of octane. vs air mass vs. timing. But, we'll see.

I am still working on doing a high pressure setup it might take a while to get all the materials and time together to do it the way I see it in my mind.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Have I ever mentioned how much I love wiring?

I had a hell of a time determining how to get the pumps staged off of a single relay without creating a very obscure series of circuits (powering both through one Hobbs, and switching the second pump on through grounding). Yeah, I was at my wits end trying not to commit a second relay to such a silly little pump (window switches or WOT switch for triggering the relay on - all options resulting in more wiring). For the time being, knowing I am going to do something more creative with a supplementary fuel system, I am going to simply run both relays.

Or not.

It can sit while I make a decision.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor