MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Did some pre-maiden voyage prep today. Shortened the battery cut off rod, pulled the rest of the stereo wiring and dash speakers, cleaned up the wiring, reassembled the interior, put the deluxe trunk liner back in, relocated the #8 coil and clearanced the HVAC box heat shield, and welded in the WBO2 bung (and fogged it with some John Deere muffler paint).

20190908_173320.jpg

20190908_173056.jpg

20190908_173011.jpg

Should be a week or so before it is up and running.

Reactions: 6 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
You just plowing through this thing before the hellcat shows up and you lose interest?? Not that I'm complaining, it's fun to see the progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You just plowing through this thing before the hellcat shows up and you lose interest?? Not that I'm complaining, it's fun to see the progress.

I had to give this some consideration before responding. I think there are a few contributing factors in play:

1. Family. Kids start Winter sport season in a few weeks which keeps me very busy on the weekends;
2. Work. Busy season just started, and I expect to have serious demands on my time into Christmas; and
3. Accomplishment. It is so close I can almost taste the satisfaction of getting this running.

That said, there is the short list needed to potentially make this mobile again, and then there is the long list needed to make this project "complete". We aren't anywhere near the latter.

As for losing interest when the Hellcat arrives; that is highly unlikely as that car will need very little other than to be driven, so I am still going to need something to tinker with. My biggest concern is that the other cars won't see nearly as much road time once it does get here and I get back into racing. Tough problem to have, right?

At the end of the day the goal remains to keep this car a driver from May to October as a rolling restoration, with major mods happening over the Winter.

I plan on mini-tubbing it this year. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Work continues, I actually got to chop at it from 1530 to 2230 hours on a Wednesday (weird). That said, it never gets any less demoralizing than when you have to take things apart for the 20th time. As I alluded to earlier - I cannot stomach slapping things together just for the sake of turning it over, I prefer a semblance of perminance. Lots of things got painted, a back pressure port was added to the merge, checked the plug gap (0.035") and tossed some anti-seize on the threads, and the radiator, shroud, and fan got some finishing touches before being bolted back in.

20190912_071606.jpg

20190912_071620.jpg

20190912_071712.jpg

Getting there, but definitely not rushing it. Probably going to wrap the hotside tonight or something.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Needs more purple-pink. And more wires.

• Indifferent
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Why does this feel like we’re all in Mike’s back seat in high school. He’s letting us touch a boob but not downstairs just yet.

I have this pain and something is turning blue.

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Why does this feel like we’re all in Mike’s back seat in high school. He’s letting us touch a boob but not downstairs just yet.

I have this pain and something is turning blue.

I am dying here... of laughter and the flu (which I have had for four days). I literally dragged my fed up *ss into the garage yesterday to push to make this thing run. Wrapped the hotside pipes (making me very itchy - pay for ceramic coating people), assembled the wastegate (lapped the valve too) and BOV, coolant pipes, hose clamps, filled it with gas (bugs flocking to my garage lights like mad), and went to set the fuel pressure and the MFing thing blew an injector O-ring (#1 cylinder) covering the car in fuel. I walked away disgusted and exhausted - and fell into a coma for 10 hours.

Tearing this back apart is going to be a treat - and I still have a bunch of crap to get in order before I head off to get the Hellcat on Thursday.

My balls are royal blue, going on blood-blister purple, with disappointment.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I am dying here... of laughter and the flu (which I have had for four days). I literally dragged my fed up *ss into the garage yesterday to push to make this thing run. Wrapped the hotside pipes (making me very itchy - pay for ceramic coating people), assembled the wastegate (lapped the valve too) and BOV, coolant pipes, hose clamps, filled it with gas (bugs flocking to my garage lights like mad), and went to set the fuel pressure and the MFing thing blew an injector O-ring (#1 cylinder) covering the car in fuel. I walked away disgusted and exhausted - and fell into a coma for 10 hours.

Tearing this back apart is going to be a treat - and I still have a bunch of crap to get in order before I head off to get the Hellcat on Thursday.

My balls are royal blue, going on blood-blister purple, with disappointment.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor