MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I ordered some clean and strip wheels yesterday, which are due to arrive shortly - so in order to do any decent bodywork I needed to break the trim down. But, before I could do that I had to pull out the sagging degrading headliner. Which I managed to get out in "one piece" other than where the visors mount... more impressive was I didn't need to remove the front and rear window trim. No broken clips!

View attachment 133150

That was the most disgusting thing I'd done in a long while. Little bits of sh*t raining down. Dry greasy sticky sh*t. I want to set that thing on fire. Natasha tried to convince me to buy a replacement - best enabler an addict could have. I am going to leave it out for now.

The next gross bound was pulling out pounds of sound deadening and insulation. I've been walking garbage bags of this crap out over the last few weeks. More lightness, less stinky.

After that I got to pulling the trim off the drip rails. That sucked too. Mostly trying to soften the adhesive on the weather stripping to salvage it with a heat gun to expose all of the hidden screws. My fingers hate me now. But I got it off with little damage. Then I popped out the quarter windows which also got all goopy and gross.

View attachment 133151

Guess I have more work to do... like popping the interior back in. LOL.

Pretty cool way to mount your speakers, bet the car next you will love it. I am very jealous you tore through the interior so quickly

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Pretty cool way to mount your speakers, bet the car next you will love it. I am very jealous you tore through the interior so quickly

Funny story about those "door speakers": When Natasha came out to help me with the hood she asked me why I had magnets on the doors. I looked her and said: Magnets? What magnets? She pointed to the speakers. To which I responded: Those aren't magnets - they are speakers. She was perplexed. Then I explained how: Magnets work in generating sound waves using electricity to...

That is when she tuned me out too.

;)

It was never my intention for this winter to spend all of that time redoing the interior - but when the air compressor died I had to modify my plans and do something with my remaining weeks of vacation. In hindsight, it was a really satisfying moment when I walked out of the garage on Sunday evening knowing I had accomplished that much.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Funny story about those "door speakers": When Natasha came out to help me with the hood she asked me why I had magnets on the doors. I looked her and said: Magnets? What magnets? She pointed to the speakers. To which I responded: Those aren't magnets - they are speakers. She was perplexed. Then I explained how: Magnets work in generating sound waves using electricity to...

That is when she tuned me out too.

;)

It was never my intention for this winter to spend all of that time redoing the interior - but when the air compressor died I had to modify my plans and do something with my remaining weeks of vacation. In hindsight, it was a really satisfying moment when I walked out of the garage on Sunday evening knowing I had accomplished that much.
Must be nice, I had no intention of doing so much interior work but once it was out I kept going with the might as well do it while its out theory. Now I feel like I hit a rut since I got back to the gym and don't want to skip it to work on the car

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Must be nice, I had no intention of doing so much interior work but once it was out I kept going with the might as well do it while its out theory. Now I feel like I hit a rut since I got back to the gym and don't want to skip it to work on the car

Your GTO still runs, right? Well then the Monte can wait. Your health is way more important than a car's completion. If you are too worn out or unhappy you'll never get your health back or enjoy the car as much. Find an hour a day, as you are able, to work on the car or something that supports it - you'll see true dividends in no time.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Your GTO still runs, right? Well then the Monte can wait. Your health is way more important than a car's completion. If you are too worn out or unhappy you'll never get your health back or enjoy the car as much. Find an hour a day, as you are able, to work on the car or something that supports it - you'll see true dividends in no time.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Here is a really good example of the potential of the 4.8L GT45 combo:

That's damn near Hellkitty numbers on a KD budget with a (basically) junkyard engine and a few bolt-ons. You can also see why I spent time reworking the turbine and compressor housings to reduce the working pressures (boost vs back pressure).

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Here is a really good example of the potential of the 4.8L GT45 combo:

That's damn near Hellkitty numbers on a KD budget with a (basically) junkyard engine and a few bolt-ons. You can also see why I spent time reworking the turbine and compressor housings to reduce the working pressures (boost vs back pressure).

I spent an hour this morning researching destroked 6.0 numbers. Decided a forged stroker rotating assembly was probably a better idea for a non racecar.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor