MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Here is a really good example of the potential of the 4.8L GT45 combo:

That's damn near Hellkitty numbers on a KD budget with a (basically) junkyard engine and a few bolt-ons. You can also see why I spent time reworking the turbine and compressor housings to reduce the working pressures (boost vs back pressure).
Cool video Mike. Thanks for posting. Even a stodgy old carmudgeon like me can learn something new. It's unbelievable what can be done with those 4.8's that eight or ten years ago nobody wanted.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So I had the flu and then I was just lazy, but I made it out to the garage last night to tinker a bit. Put the speaker grilles in the dash (semi-gloss black doesn't match the flat dash - but for now whatever), and then I popped off the 3rd brake light and cleaned it up, popped out the package tray/speaker cover and cleaned it up too... and then I turned my attention to the peeling purple tint. I started with a heat gun and pulled off the remaining layer - and I figured I was done. As I was trying to wipe of the remaining adhesive with solvent I came to realize there was a second layer! FML. Heat gun didn't work this time. So I went inside to ask my wife for the clothes steamer... She was so offended that you'd think I asked to bang her sister (again)?!

Anyway, it worked like a very painful charm until I ran out of water and patience. I'll finish it tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
So I had the flu and then I was just lazy, but I made it out to the garage last night to tinker a bit. Put the speaker grilles in the dash (semi-gloss black doesn't match the flat dash - but for now whatever), and then I popped off the 3rd brake light and cleaned it up, popped out the package tray/speaker cover and cleaned it up too... and then I turned my attention to the peeling purple tint. I started with a heat gun and pulled off the remaining layer - and I figured I was done. As I was trying to wipe of the remaining adhesive with solvent I came to realize there was a second layer! FML. Heat gun didn't work this time. So I went inside to ask my wife for the clothes steamer... She was so offended that you'd think I asked to bang her sister (again)?!

Anyway, it worked like a very painful charm until I ran out of water and patience. I'll finish it tonight.
If it were summer I would have said to just go with the garbage bag in the sun trick, then you could use it on the wifes sister if she needed to be covered (again)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If it were summer I would have said to just go with the garbage bag in the sun trick, then you could use it on the wifes sister if she needed to be covered (again)

Natasha laughed at this.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Finished skinning Barney... circumcising Thanos?. Gave my wife back her steamer. Had to use contact cement cleaner and a razor blade to get the adhesive residue off - some of it was really baked on. Pretty much done now just have to wipe down the back glass.

IMG_20200124_220209.jpg

I am strongly reconsidering tinting this car again... or even the Hellcat. I can see why they charge what they do to remove tint. But, I do appreciate a clean slate now.

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Chiseled. Scrapped. Chastised. Jackhammered. Smashed. All the seam sealer, rope chaulk, dumdum, filler, and other crap off from in and around the opera window wells. That was sh*try. But now I can prep to do the bodywork.

IMG_20200125_203455.jpg

IMG_20200125_203527.jpg

Everything looks pretty solid under there... impressive for a vinyl roof body.

Tightened up the horn button with some M6 screws and some washers, and then trimmed, cleaned up, and installed the shifter cover and handle.

IMG_20200125_203507.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor