MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I don't know what Mike is using it for. I will say that it's pretty trick (neat). But it's a great place to mount a fuel system - pump, filters, etc.. And the nice part is that it's removable as a unit. It makes a gear swap oh so much easier with external pumps.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I don't know what Mike is using it for. I will say that it's pretty trick (neat). But it's a great place to mount a fuel system - pump, filters, etc.. And the nice part is that it's removable as a unit. It makes a gear swap oh so much easier with external pumps.

I suppose you could do lots of things with it. Like road side chin-ups. For now it is just a brace to box the back half of the frame where I am f*cking around with it. The reason it is removable is because it is better to be able to remove it, than not.

Today's progress. More brackets, welding and stuff. The struts are adjustable because there is just too much variation for my liking, and again: why not? Originally I wanted to get heim joints in there but they money doesn't justify the expense at this time. The purpose of the struts is to account for the suspension working against all of the parts I have violated along the way. Having a spring pocket get all wonky is not my idea of a good time. So now it has extra support in tension.

PXL_20210110_223216193.jpg

There is a nut welded into each end of the top bar, this is going to be part of the additional body mounts I talked about. I'll box this into the pocket later on.

PXL_20210110_223227046.jpg

Loveandlistings GIF by VH1

Reactions: 9 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Grinder and paint...

View attachment 166197 View attachment 166198

Don't get too excited - I am not grinding it all down. Just the most ugho of the welds in my area of operation.

shocked new girl GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Bzzt!

View attachment 166199

And tacked in. It does kick back towards the gas tank due to the monstrous sway bar hanging off the differential - hope it is enough.

View attachment 166200

Upper cross bar is next.
Using a grinder on welds... 🤮 that makes you a grinder, not a welder. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
All in jest. It's looking good!

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor