MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Well there’s 12 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. Thanks for that. I have so many issues with the way they did stuff and things they glossed over it’s not even funny. Not the least of which is applying body filler over unsanded epoxy in the low areas?!?! 😧And just try sanding epoxy, you’ll love it. It clogs up your sandpaper quicker than you can say “fack!”.

As for “rolling on” primer, whatever. I actually don’t have much of a problem with it, the texture of primer is usually pretty rough even when it’s sprayed anyways. Probably the funniest part was at the end where he’s just finished rolling on the urethane primer and says “there, now you have a finished surface ready for paint”.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Without even sanding it smooth!

But whatever, it’s on the internet, so everything they say MUST be true. Do as you will.
😏
Bonjour!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
On today's episode of Sloppy Mike-chanics we get drippy with it. Nah nah nah nah nah nah...

Not a huge amount of progress today... mostly because of near record snowfall. So between workouts I did some rust grinding and treatment. I am not painting it for a bit, but once the top bar goes in it would be a royal PITA to do this work after the fact.

PXL_20210116_211951357.jpg

And while the last coat was drying I did a good general clean up of the garage and even fixed some tools I abused.

Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
After another 2 hours grooming the property I managed to make it into the garage for some more progress. Burned in the frame kick-offs and the upper cross bar.

These brushes made great wedges.

PXL_20210117_224557136.jpg

After welding the cross bar to the shock towers I decided it needed to be finished on the ends. Because reasons. The end just hanging there looked awkward.

PXL_20210117_224525350.jpg

So many booger welds.

babe something GIF

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
After another 2 hours grooming the property I managed to make it into the garage for some more progress. Burned in the frame kick-offs and the upper cross barThese brushes made great wedges.

So many booger welds.
You're the only one that'll ever know.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Originally I had planned to do the lower cross bar in 1.5" OD, but once I got going I realized that 1" OD was plenty good enough. I have a couple of cosmetic things to finish up - but, this is otherwise complete.

Next I need to turn my attention to the frame-side LCA mounts and reinforce them, and then build another set of SFCs under the C-channels.

Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
15 feet worth.

PXL_20210120_193133277.jpg

Should be good enough to get a bite for the truck bed coating on the hot mess underside.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor