MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I wouldn't put the rear in yet, unless I missed something..Maybe a test fit, but it'll just be in the way.

I meant that I can put it back and drive it for a whole summer if needed. I still have to finish the notch and do the wheel tubs.

The hole punch works mint! It even flanges 20 gauge well.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not a huge amount of ground gained today.

However, I did tackle those cosmetic deficiencies of tying the stock shock towers into the frame kick-outs, fixing the knackered shock hole (looked like someone flame cut out a bolt at one time), and boxing in one last piece of the frame inside the torque box.

With that concluded I can either cut the frame notch or start the body work (mini-tubs). I will probably go for the light-duty work for a while.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Cut it; fill later, I say

Le sigh.

Truth is there isn't much to fill. It is going to be a case of: cut, hammer, weld, repeat. Just another hatchet job by yours truly. It can be done with the differential in place - pretty certain I did it that way on the wagon too. Hanging the differential has the added benefit of double checking the 30+ inches I need for tire clearance. Measure twice, cut thrice.

If I need the joy of doing some heavy duty labour I can make the raised spring perches.

Any who... it is still January and the cars won't hit the road until May at the earliest. And even then:

chris farley i got no place else to go GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Any who... it is still January and the cars won't hit the road until May at the earliest. And even then:

chris farley i got no place else to go GIF

I disagree - drive south and pick up people on the way. In 8-9 hours we can be at Cecil or in Bruce's yard checking out his OTA TV, cookin' weenies and suck down a cold brew or two.

Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I disagree - drive south and pick up people on the way. In 8-9 hours we can be at Cecil or in Bruce's yard checking out his OTA TV, cookin' weenies and suck down a cold brew or two.
Bruce, did you notice the self invite there?? :0 hehe ( I'll bring you a beer???? )

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor