MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
May might seem far away but it's going to sneak up on you fast!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Wrong reference

Oh, I see you've met my first Platoon Sgt from when I was a Private. He was none too pleased, or polite, or supportive when he heard I was commissioning. He was court martialed a few years back for harrassment (edit: not my complaint, I admit my role in pissing him off). To be fair, I was a lot like Richard Gere and had it coming - LOL. We ended up working well together as course staff tormenting recruits.

Officer or Gentleman: choose one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
May might seem far away but it's going to sneak up on you fast!!!

Old age? My back already sounds like a bunch of dry spaghetti breaking.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
That's self clearancing. It should stop eventually.

My understanding is that fluid in my spine has moved into my knees. I sound like a one man band.

Just not that nimble.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
My understanding is that fluid in my spine has moved into my knees. I sound like a one man band.

Just not that nimble.

Much the same as the hair from the top of my head migrating to my nose, ears, and other places I wish it wouldn't.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I just ordered some more flux core wire to finish the dirty and rusty frame notch - and some replacement welding gloves because when the amperage is cranked on the welder you tend to touch stupid hot metal stuffed up under a car and wear them out (I average a pair about every 5 years or so as a hobbiest). One thing I noticed thumbing back through the last few months of work (other than the inconsistency of my welds) is how often I leave mill scale (or complimentary corrosion coating as I call it) on my material. I'll often treat the edges to get a good initial arc - but beyond that I often cannot be bothered. Obviously the last four pounds of flux core I put into this frame made a bit of a mess of things, especially in tight spaces where the spatter is concentrated. One of the advantages of leaving the mill scale on is minimizing the amount of scraping and grinding off of beebees - plus I am lazy. Which is why I favour flux core when doing any HD fabrication where penetration and contamination are a bigger concern than making things pretty. Form follows function. Not that I didn't appreciate the lack of clean-up finishing up some of the work using solid wire and gas over the last little bit - it just isn't my style.

This article sums up the pros and cons pretty well:

Again, I am sure those who do this daily or for the 'Gram are cringing (and biting their tongues because I am a self-aware dick). But this is field work by a novice farting around on the weekends working on an old sh*tbox - not a Riddler award seeking ride or a fragile soul looking for a social media dopamine hit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor