MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Ahhhhh, I missed your text between the pics. It makes more sense now but, it seems as though you ran your rails in parallel versus the series recommended in the manual? Or, am I looking at it wrong?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Ahhhhh, I missed your text between the pics. It makes more sense now but, it seems as though you ran your rails in parallel versus the series recommended in the manual? Or, am I looking at it wrong?

That's correct, should equalize pressure and volume between the banks. As opposed to having one rail benefiting more than another before being dumped back to the tank.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
LOL - it was just a feed/return issue in the regulator not a fuel leak. I just had to reroute a couple of lines.

It goes from a -10 AN main feed to a Y-block which splits into -6 AN to the rails (back feed), the rails then empty (from the front) via -6 AN into the regulator, and there is a -6 AN return to the tank. Pretty straight forward.
Exactly how mine is setup. A little more plumbing, but a more efficient system.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This car is fighting me.

So I decided to take a little "me time", what was supposed to be a 10 minute job took an hour. Why? Because the stock steering shaft refused to collapse. And the new Jeep shaft was too long.

Mr. Sawzall fixed them right good and proper.

IMG_20200528_170302.jpg

Fortunately I have a Jeep shaft on the wagon as a reference. 5 inches out of both ends and it went in like butter (other than the normal grinding and swearing).

IMG_20200528_170318.jpg

IMG_20200528_170422.jpg

Backside of the steering box looks like crap now.

Oh, and the car doesn't want to run/idle anymore despite fixing the fuel system. Go figure. Battery is pretty weak so it is probably taken exception to the constant cranking and exacerbating the problem. Meh... I'll figure it out.

Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Is that a speed density system or MAF? I've always found that SD changes its tune with the season.

Change, yes. Fall so out of spec it doesn't run? Nope. Not unless the tune is total crap and stuck in Open Loop. I do Closed Loop tuning (both STFT and LTFT) to compensate for environmental irregularities and changes.

Last night I reset the TPS and IAC and removed all the DTCs that were previous flagged. Then I realized that it was going to be a crappy night with the battery becoming so very weak and dying. Going to get a new one in a bit.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
New battery in.
Tune tweaked.
Loose fuel return line tightened.
Fuel pressure adjusted.
Belt squealing.
Alternator bearings seized.
Car runs.

Me:
Am I an a$$hole? Do I look like an a$$hole?

The Car:
Yeah.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Prerequisite idle clip? I dont see it?

The belt squeal was unbearable and damaging the belt. So go back to February for a reminder. ;)

I'll put an alternator on it shortly.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor