MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Using the narrowbands for closed loop out of boost or low boost only? I'm asking due to I've been told (read) pre-turbo O2's are inaccurate at high load mainly due to temps that they weren't designed to operate in. Just curious how you intend to use them.

'2 bar OS' - what is OS?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Using the narrowbands for closed loop out of boost or low boost only? I'm asking due to I've been told (read) pre-turbo O2's are inaccurate at high load mainly due to temps that they weren't designed to operate in. Just curious how you intend to use them.

'2 bar OS' - what is OS?

The NBO2s will be referenced for fueling adjustments as long as the ECM isn't in Power or Boost Enrichment. After that they serve little use for performance tuning - except if one bank exhibits a notable fueling error.

2 Bar (aka 2 x atmospheric pressure or 14.7 psi capable) Operating System.

I don't expect to need more than "14.7" pounds of pressure to achieve my performance goals... if this thing flows as efficiently as I planned for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Last edited:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The NBO2s will be referenced for fueling adjustments as long as the ECM isn't in Power or Boost Enrichment. After that they serve little use for performance tuning - except if one bank exhibits a notable fueling error.

2 Bar (aka 2 x atmospheric pressure or 14.7 psi capable) Operating System.

I don't expect to need more than "14.7" pounds of pressure to achieve my performance goals... if this thing flows as efficiently as I planned for.

Ahha - OS - operating system - that makes sense because oyster shell certainly didn't :):)

A local guy i doing that with the narrowbands with a stock ECM as well. Haven't heard how it's working out for him, but it sounds as if you have it under control. I certainly am glad that we don't have to worry about emissions.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Up, up, and away!

20181113_154733.jpg

We could have an LS/200-4R in there by the weekend.

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Freedom!

Message_1542403876006.jpg

Now what am I going to do with all this space? Hmmmm...

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor