MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Couple of little things to update on:

First and foremost the Holley 302-3 oil pan is a waste of money for the turbo drain plugs if you are hoping to install anything normal fitting wise... because there is just no space to get them in there. I am going to have to get creative and make a fitting.

Secondly, most of my electrical bits arrived yesterday. Including these babies:

20190112_133605.jpg

See those blue weather pack seals? Those are for heavier gauge wire. Great for running power off the alternator into the cabin (ie. fuel pumps). This was an unlisted bonus.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Not sure what all I am looking at besides the Paw Patrol. I am sure it all will make sense in do time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not sure what all I am looking at besides the Paw Patrol. I am sure it all will make sense in do time.

Paw Patrol will never make any sense.

Tore the intake down and dropped it in the tub with some laundry detergent to get the grime off.

20190113_160023.jpg

Normally, I would prefer to push it around the lawn with a pressure washer - but it is too cold for that. So we dirty up the laundry room and piss off the wife. Still better than her finding me showering with an intake like last time.

After it comes out I can wipe it down internally with lacquer thinner and rags on a rod to remove the varnish in the runners and plenum.

Then I can mount the injectors and rails - and start working backwards to the tank.

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 3 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Better the laundry room than getting caught with engine parts in the dish washer.

Guess how I know.............:owned:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

BoostedJROD

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2019
I was thinking on the crapper the other day whilst on Amazon an seeing if I could use a ssr fan relay from like an 04 jeep, and a frequency/duty cycle generator to build a bump box.... Think I figured it out for about $60 lol

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor