MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I was thinking on the crapper the other day whilst on Amazon an seeing if I could use a ssr fan relay from like an 04 jeep, and a frequency/duty cycle generator to build a bump box.... Think I figured it out for about $60 lol
Might have to try it. I have a couple 40 amp SSR relays, and a 60amp. Set it up to speed for control on the Holley so it comes on mostly under 20 mph. Should work dandy.

Reactions: 1 user

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
I'd rather use mph than rpm as input signal. You want more assistance at low vehicle speed and less at higher speeds. Speed-sensitive is what most modern steering systems are.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Had a short break in the day so I started assembly of the intake. Summit fuel LS1/LS6 rails, some Deka 80s, and an 1/8" NPT adapter for the Schrader valve (I hate not having one of those).

20190114_175021.jpg

Going to have to make my own brackets for the rails to the TBSS intake... as time allows.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Int
Had a short break in the day so I started assembly of the intake. Summit fuel LS1/LS6 rails, some Deka 80s, and an 1/8" NPT adapter for the Schrader valve (I hate not having one of those).

View attachment 103802

Going to have to make my own brackets for the rails to the TBSS intake... as time allows.
Intake looks brand new. No small task with all those nooks and crannies. Nice work!

I washed mine in the driveway when I did the cam swap/DOD delete on my truck. I used the hose, an old dish brush and dishwashing soap. Then assaulted it with compressed air. It didn't turn out that good but was good enough to put the engine cover over. 84k miles later, you can't tell I did anything.

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Int

Intake looks brand new. No small task with all those nooks and crannies. Nice work!

I washed mine in the driveway when I did the cam swap/DOD delete on my truck. I used the hose, an old dish brush and dishwashing soap. Then assaulted it with compressed air. It didn't turn out that good but was good enough to put the engine cover over. 84k miles later, you can't tell I did anything.

Thanks! This was cleaned up just for the sake of proper assembly protocol.

The one on the wagon looks like poop again after just one Summer. Stuff only looks nice once if you drive it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks! This was cleaned up just for the sake of proper assembly protocol.

The one on the wagon looks like poop again after just one Summer. Stuff only looks nice once if you drive it.
Right? I had my 5.3 down to a shortblock and cleaned everything just because. It looked great for about 15 minutes. My truck is the daily driver and gets ruthlessly punished, dirt be damned!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got my big-bag-o-connectors. Look like they are Metripak-based. Selection of 2, 3, and 4 pin connectors.

20190116_083334.jpg

The wire gauge is a bit light for high load wiring - but for signal wires to a relay or connecting a basic sensor they will work just fine. I have my Weather-pack kit to deal with the Big Daddy wiring demands.

Oh! Check out my homemade depinning tools: smashed welding wire. Helps to fill the gaps between the universal China tools.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
AMP Superseal connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor