MONTE CARLO "COPO" Monte Carlo SS - Turbosaurus Build (Swinging Dick Racing's c*ck got bent... she bounced a little too high & hard, & came down awkwardly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Back down on all fours and back into the wild...

7.jpg

9.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Back down on all fours and back into the wild...

View attachment 76587

OOOOOOOOHHHHH! I understand now why this is a throwback to your highschool car. Its a body swap for the front/rear clips lol.

The parting out of the other car, and the metal work in the trunk had me confused but i see the vision now. Nice work.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
OOOOOOOOHHHHH! I understand now why this is a throwback to your highschool car. Its a body swap for the front/rear clips lol.

The parting out of the other car, and the metal work in the trunk had me confused but i see the vision now. Nice work.

Yeah, more or less. Truthfully there is only so much that is original about a car that has been worked over as a much mine have. After a while it stops being "that original thing" so much as a "concept" or "idea" of itself and what it has become. This is the premise behind Theseus's paradox: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

This is what makes truly hot rodding something so fascinating.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

DJHull

Master Mechanic
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
Decided I need to get moving on this car a bit to clear some space around the house before the snow flies. I need to do a couple of things to the 8.5" before it takes up residence in this car: change the bushings, and weld in the UMI LCA relocation brackets.

I decided to hit it with my purse a few times and show those bushings who's boss.

View attachment 74621

View attachment 74622
Fine job. Looks great.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just a quick update. I ordered the Holley 302-3 swap pan (it has the drains for the turbos built in) and LS3 dipstick assembly, ICT's "alternator-only" FEAD which uses an LS1 style water pump vs the truck style - and puts the alternator high on the PS to make room for the headers, ICT's torque converter hub adapter, and some bellhousing and starter bolts.

Has anyone ever deleted a power steering pump and looped the pressure and return lines at the steering box? I may try this until I can swing the TRZ manual rack.

Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Yeah, I have looped the lines before. It works, just a real PIA when you are trying to parallel park in the city and the steering feels pretty vague if I recall. S10 manual box used to be the go-to. Dont know if you could even find a new one anymore but I recall they were not very expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor