Corvette C4 wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022
Have any of you folks ran C4 Vette wheels on your gbodys? I understand they have + offset and will require spacers on a stock car. Will the 17x8.5 front be a problem? I figure the 17x9.5 in the rear won’t cause any issues.
I’m not a huge fan of spacers, but on a street driven stock vehicle I am not so worried. Using good forged ones of course.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Have any of you folks ran C4 Vette wheels on your gbodys? I understand they have + offset and will require spacers on a stock car. Will the 17x8.5 front be a problem? I figure the 17x9.5 in the rear won’t cause any issues.
I’m not a huge fan of spacers, but on a street driven stock vehicle I am not so worried. Using good forged ones of course.

Thanks for any help/advice.

I use ARP studs and slip on spacers as big as 3/4" on my road race Camaro. Never had an issue and we do it like this all over the country. No need to fear good parts.

Reactions: 3 users

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022
I have 2.5” ones on the front of my s10 with C5 wheels. They weren’t cheap, but I will admit I get nervous pushing it in the turns. I believe these will be the staggered pattern type.

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022
Brining this back up. I found a 17x 8.5-9.5 set with 245/40 and 275/40s on them. The price is very right. Does anyone have any success stories using this tire size?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would be looking at the date codes on those tires before even considering these.

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022
The price on the wheels and tires is close to what the wheels are worth alone. It would be nice to have the tires just to test fit before I had to buy new ones. I think a 245 is the minimum width on a 8.5” wheel though.

I’m looking at a few wheel sets locally and honestly I’d rather run a zero offset 15” wheel so I don’t need any spacers. Even some 16” zq8 s10 wheels would be cool. Tire sizes aren’t the greatest for them though.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
On my Regal I am running 17" x 8.5" rims all around but went with 275/50 and 235/50 because I wanted a taller tire to fill up the wheel wells better.

20220729_110013.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022
On my Regal I am running 17" x 8.5" rims all around but went with 275/50 and 235/50 because I wanted a taller tire to fill up the wheel wells better.

View attachment 214013
That looks perfect. I hate seeing a small tire with a big gap between it and the wheel well. I really don’t want to run a spacer, but there are not tons of OE wheels that bolt right up to these cars that are aluminum. I really don’t care for anything aftermarket.

I’ve probably read through every wheel and tire thread on this site and I see you commenting on it more than anymore. You’ve had some really cool wheel and tire combos. I really like the Ronals you had, I missed a set recently. Myself I think a 16” wheel is the perfect tire/wheel ratio, but the tire selection has dwindled down to just a few. I’ve had a zq8 s10 for almost 20 years now and I am stuck with 2 sizes that work really well on it.

3rd Gen wheels are cool and they can be picked up pretty easy, but the rears require a spacer.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor