Corvette mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bludacious

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2018
I like the idea of having a remote mirror on the passenger side over electric for the sake of wiring simplicity and authenticity, but after looking it seems the availability is pretty scarce (if you do have one you could part with, shoot me a PM!). I really dislike the look of the wedgy 86-88 sport mirrors so that leaves me with the Corvette for a larger supply of power or remote mirrors. My question is do these early C3 mirrors bolt on, and can I somehow extend the passenger's remote cable to reach my dash (the 'Vette appears to have both cables mount to their respective door panels). My '85 Monte currently has the remote/manual bullet pair so I already have gaskets and the driver's side joystick bezel.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
I believe most of the Generic motors mirrors will bolt on, but the height/angle will be different.

I had trans am mirrors on my skylark, and my bro has corvette (c4) mirrors on his GP.

Bludacious

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2018
I believe most of the Generic motors mirrors will bolt on, but the height/angle will be different.

I had trans am mirrors on my skylark, and my bro has corvette (c4) mirrors on his GP.
How much of a difference was it? I'm fine with a bit of a change but I'd like to keep them in the same general position for easy viewing.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
It can be drastic. The skylark was roughly the same height, but the mirror was angled inwards. So when you looked at the car (and you know what they look like) you could tell its crooked. My bro's GP has the vette mirrors and they are very low compared to Gbody ones. They look sporty but they arent the most functional.

Attached some pix for reference. Mine are Gbody mirrors. Bro's are corvette (they sit low).

P.S.
I might be mistaken about which era mirrors, they are. I just know they are corvette.

Attachments

• Pix 1013.jpg
    Pix 1013.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 239
  • Pix 1335.jpg
    Pix 1335.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 258
Reactions: 1 user

Bludacious

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2018
Those appear to be C4 mirrors, after some closer observation it would appear that the later C3 mirrors share the same housing as the regular G-Body. Now if only I could just buy the motor instead of the entire $200 assembly...

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'd also like to go power on my mirrors. From what I can tell the C3 remote switch should fit the cable remote bezel.

Bludacious

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2018
I'd also like to go power on my mirrors. From what I can tell the C3 remote switch should fit the cable remote bezel.
Hmm, hadn't considered that it probably would. Don't forget you also need room for the L/R selector switch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor