Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Thanks for the link. Bookmarked for future reference.

"Windage Tray - Works with GM LS F-Body windage Tray Part Number: 12558253. Due to the design of the oil pump pickup screen, You must modification the windage tray by cutting the windage tray to provide clearance for the oil pick-up tube. "

Might want to give them a heads-up about their grammar.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
Has anyone tried this pan? It looks dimensionally the same, not sure on quality or if its literally the same thing minus a stamp? It will certainly save some folks some cash if it is in fact the same

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Is it the same though?

The TSP pan looks like a GM part, i just cant point to what it looks like. Its not an F body, not a CTSV, not a LS2/LS3, not a musclecar pan (which is literally the dumbest marketed LS oil pan since its like .75" shorter than a pickup pan),

TSP left, 302-2 right
1548870831078.png

Speedway sells a copy of the 302-1 with their logo for $75 less than the holley 302-1
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=382728423759

I can only find it on their ebay store, they dont list it on the full speedway site, or in not black?

I also think a 302-1 sits too low in the front for a g body, since thats what holley claims, but I dont know why they say that since its similar in front shape to my LS pickup pan but my pickup pan clears everything it's just low.

1548871330443.png

1548871640977.png

Reactions: 1 user

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I have been looking at all of these pans, the TSP is not an exact match to the holley but dimensionally it is the same as far as I can tell. I like the holley stuff but they are really proud of their parts as far as cost goes. I may try the TSP pan with the holley mounts as they should work together based off of the info i have as of now. Still unsure on headers and crossmemeber, I am leaning towards the jegs crosssmember and speed engineering headers. I was gonna go all holley stuff but when you add it all up, that number gets big fast!

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
go to any of the Chevy pickup dismantlers online (or in your neighborhood) and ask for a truck pan......$10 if you're lucky - if they don't know (yet) that their pans are being used for in LS swaps....

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Truck pans sit WAY below the cross member and have hit the road before... Not recommended for use in our cars

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
go to any of the Chevy pickup dismantlers online (or in your neighborhood) and ask for a truck pan......$10 if you're lucky - if they don't know (yet) that their pans are being used for in LS swaps....
Truck pans are too deep for gbody use. Not enough ground clearance even for a stock ride height car.

Reactions: 1 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
.....and here I was thinking I'd helped......doh.

So which OEM pan will work then? I hate paying the middleman for a product you can source in a yard.....

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
As of what I have found, no stock pan will give proper clearance. There are some such as the CTS pan that will fit but hang below the cross member. The pan that started this thread appears to be the best bang for the buck that I have found so far. The bad part of doing a LS swap in these cars, and doing it so it all actually fits correctly is not as cheap as one might think. With a junk yard engine and trans that I pull myself, I am around 5k+ bargain shopping

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor