coulda been catastrophic failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
First time I have ever seen one work loose but A4's are rare in Canada. Most 307's had iron intakes up here till the swirl port motors which all had aluminum intakes.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
I put some blue locktite on the threads and drove it back in. I'm wanting to keep it all stock, if not original. All that plastic vacuum stuff has been breaking, along with sensors, as I make this repair of my coolant leak.
Hopefully will have it running today.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Runs fine. Didn't check compression or anything. Drove around for an hour to check for leaks.
On to next job. Brakes.

Reactions: 2 users

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
Runs fine. Didn't check compression or anything. Drove around for an hour to check for leaks.
On to next job. Brakes.
If your car is original you may want to think about inspecting your timing gears if they haven't been replaced. They have a coating that becomes brittle and eventually falls off. It can plug up the oil pick up and starve the bearings for oil and wipe a bearing. I have a 84 Hurst and learned this lesson the hard way.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor