Couldn't pass it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I love those old medium duty rigs. Reminds me a lot of my childhood. Dad ran C60 and C65 Chevy/GMC's as well as 900 series Fords. Cool truck!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
LS swap with an S475 with the stock cam with a 4L80 or 4L85 and tow a car trailer or use as a stump puller. Find a rear axle -I'd recommend a 14 bolt rear axle and find adapters to run a 16-18" wheel on the front. Then clean body and clear coat the current exterior patina. The interior??? I'll leave that to your imagination.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
That thing is dying to have a repop stepside bed put on it. Just be careful around those rims and tires, split rims have killed more than a few people over the years.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
LS swap with an S475 with the stock cam with a 4L80 or 4L85 and tow a car trailer or use as a stump puller. Find a rear axle -I'd recommend a 14 bolt rear axle and find adapters to run a 16-18" wheel on the front. Then clean body and clear coat the current exterior patina. The interior??? I'll leave that to your imagination.

LS swap was the first thought BUT at this point basic clean up and hopefully successful removal of the crappy black paint. It does start and drive but is missing the radiator and battery, bought it from these pics, my buddy that works for the show. Actually thinking of 22" Alcoa's. Really need to look at the market to see if we can work it over and flip it.

That thing is dying to have a repop stepside bed put on it. Just be careful around those rims and tires, split rims have killed more than a few people over the years.

Hoping they aren't the split, just the stupid Dayton style. We are actually thinking nice oak stake bed if we rehab it but we were kicking around chopping the frame for a short step bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor