Couple of more connectors need ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive got these two left before I throw my dash back in. I looked at the old posts from my wagon and Im thinking these have something to do with the original radio. Anyone know for sure ?
Brian ? Youve been a wealth of info ! These look familiar to you ?

And the last photo is another mystery. What the heck does that do ? I think my 81 had it but Im not sure where I put it in the mess of boxes that I have in my garage. The one in the picture was in a Cutlass at the yard that I pulled the fuse block out of yesterday.
IMG_1918 (002).JPG
IMG_1919 (002).JPG
IMG_1917 (002).JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The brown/grn+blk/blk+wht goes to the VSS box

Other one appears to be radio power/grd/illum

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The brown/grn+blk/blk+wht goes to the VSS box

Other one appears to be radio power/grd/illum

Brian, youre killin me ! LOL !! WTH is the VSS box ??
And instead of making me tear the radio out of the wagon to look, which color is which on the radio plug ? It would save me some time !

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Yellow 12V
Black ground
Gray illumination

VSS box... little greenish box with a ribbon wire that goes to the back of the speedo head, is retained to speedo with a small screw

The black terminal/block at the speedo contains (I believe) an optical sensor that reads a reflective surface on the backside of the speedo "guts"

81s use the speedo VSS to run lockup and cruise, I believe. It's been a while since I really dug into it.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Yellow 12V
Black ground
Gray illumination

VSS box... little greenish box with a ribbon wire that goes to the back of the speedo head, is retained to speedo with a small screw

The black terminal/block at the speedo contains (I believe) an optical sensor that reads a reflective surface on the backside of the speedo "guts"

81s use the speedo VSS to run lockup and cruise, I believe. It's been a while since I really dug into it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to get this back together tomorrow. Im sure you realize electrical stuff may as well be physics. Im not that good at it. I can do a lot of stuff but when it comes to wires... not so good.. lol
Thanks again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor