cowl hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Check out Toby on the site. He has recently produced a cowl hood for the Cutlass. You'll see a pic of his car with the hood installed when you first go on the site. It's under Oct.G-body of the month. It's a steel hood from what I understand.

Last edited:

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I got a 4" fiberglass cowl from champion hoods. Whatever you do, do not spend your money with them. I expected that it wasn't gonna fit perfect, but it wasn't even close. I've already spent a few hours on mine and it still needs more work. There are bubbles and runs in the glass, etc. the hood showed up damaged and I couldn't get champion to send me any of the paperwork for it so I could file a claim. I hope I scared you off from them, go ahead and be prepared to spend a little more on something higher quality. If you find one super cheap and new just be really weary and do your research.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
20150510_195342.jpg
Craigslist :) $180

Reactions: 1 user

Anthony19877

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 20, 2015
College Station tx
Thats a possibility....i believe it would have to be freighted due to size....it only weighs like 15-20lbs so its not heavy. Let me see what it would cost to ship and i will get back to you. Thanks, scott.
that would be great scott i really need a hood mine is all tore up and parts for my car are a little hard to find where i live. do you use paypal?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
that would be great scott i really need a hood mine is all tore up and parts for my car are a little hard to find where i live. do you use paypal?
Yes on the paypal....the hood has i think 1 or 2 minor imperfections but ive had it for close to 10 years, however its been in safe storage for the last 4yrs. I will try to get a quote tomorrow. My 87 now looks like this....what else are you having trouble finding???
20150621_153323.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor