Cowl induction and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
Hey all,

Just wondering that if I got a cowl induction good and air cleaner, similar to the ones I posted a picture of, would I be able to drive my car in the pouring rain, or even snow? Or let it sit out in the rain/snow? Just wondering because I love the look, but my car is a daily driver, so if it won't work in bad weather, i can't do it. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 439
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 418

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
*hood, not good. Sorry for the spelling error

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I've driven mine in the rain and haven't seen any ill effects.
Guy

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
The front wheels throw a surprising amount of water up into the engine bay, this is no different. Shouldn't effect it

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
I'm just worried about water getting into my air cleaner and carb, since I would have an open top air cleaner for the cowl

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
the way i see it is buy a functional one and water wont get in due to there is a little vortex infront of the windshield and prevents water from entering more water gets in under the car then it does from the top

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I personally don't think there would be a problem. The cowl induction opening is like having a screen over the air intake. If you're concerned about using the open top air cleaner, perhaps you can keep a closed top lid handy. I don't think it's going gush in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
any of you guys have a sunroof in one of your cars and drove in the rain with the sun roof open?. How much rain entered the car?.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
One quick question. Let's say I was to buy a 2" rise cowl induction steel hood from Goodmark or something. Does anyone know about how much it would cost to have just that hood primed and painted to match my cars current paint?

84_SS

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2015
Windsor, Ont
That will depend if you are buying steel or a fiberglass hood. Steel will just be painted normally, but fiberglass should be gelcoated so the paint doesn't chip from flexing. From my experiences with cowl hoods, they don't fit the greatest. My harwood needed a lot of trimming to fit correct. Not to discourage you. They look amazing when they are on and in the right spot. Defiantly worth it in my option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor