Cracked frame 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianMCmoreno

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 12, 2017
20200421_192039.jpg

This is where the front coil goes and noticed this crack, or is it like a seem? This us the passenger side and the drivers side was similar. What do yall say

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that is strange cause from what I see if the frame looks to be in good shape with regards to rust. Have you looked to see if there is any indication of damage to the frame from accident? With the other side being the same I would be looking for a new frame or at least a new front clip to replace the one you have. I would splice the front clip in where the C channel meets it and box the C channel to incorpate that box into the new front clip.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Drill a hole at both ends of the crack then weld the entire crack

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Drill a hole at both ends of the crack then weld the entire crack

I would like to find out what caused the crack since that is not a common area to crack. We ran a 1100 lbs spring on the right side of a G body circle track car and in a corner the right side of the front clip would move a little even with a front hoop and drown pipes and no cracking around the stock spring cup occurred...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If it is a crack but there was no indication of there being a problem then I would weld the crack and then fit a reinforcement plate over it and then weld that in

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you do weld it use a stick welder, a mig doesn't like dirty metal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Dam, that suxx. You were hoping to have the new springs back in today, and be back on the road...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor