Craftsman hand tools coming back to USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
This made my morning. Fort Worth, not China.....
Image-1(1).jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: 11 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Interested to see how this plays out.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I've seen the new craftsman stuff filter into Lowe's Ace and other places and I'm not interested. They are all new design and kinda sloppy and not that affordable.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I've seen the new craftsman stuff filter into Lowe's Ace and other places and I'm not interested. They are all new design and kinda sloppy and not that affordable.
Yeah they are super proud of the prices, not this guy. For the quality I'll keep going to HF, or even the Husky brand stuff at home depot.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yeah they are super proud of the prices, not this guy. For the quality I'll keep going to HF, or even the Husky brand stuff at home depot.
IF all the Craftsman stuff comes back to US production & go back the original designs would motivate me to buy more. I am far from a fan of the new styling of the non-Sears tools. I'd even be happy if Lowe's had Stanley (if that's who makes them) make Kolbalt in the US but those looks to be on the phasing out list.
Also if anyone noticed, some Kolbalt items have been changed form blue to red, have a Craftsman tag on it & jacked the price.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If I can buy American, within reason, I do. That's why I bought UMI stuff for my car. Far, far too much of my money has gone to China and I've never liked it. For me, there is more to a purchase decision than price. I have a complete set of Chineaseum Craftsman tools at the storage and the quality of some of it (1/4 drive ratchet, ratcheting wrenches) sucks. I grew up on Craftsman tools. My dad and my brother have the good stuff. If Stanley can bring it back to the US, fix the quality problems and sell for what I consider a reasonable price (higher than China is fine with me) then that's what I'll be buying.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'll add this too, they could make them in Canada & it'll just as good.
I would damn sure buy it if it was made in Canada. I have no issue with Canadian made products or sending my money to a close ally. Still, my preference would be to see "Made in USA" stamped in Craftsman tools again.

Reactions: 9 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'd be happy with "Made in North America". The quality between USA, Mexico, and Canada is about even and I have no complaints at all. It is China that I loath buying from.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor