Craigslist Finds of the day (FaceSpace MP too)

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
This one looks pretty good:
00B0B_j8AGo4i7Ovmz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_bowHUaqb5Nwz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Pretty honest stock clean car for not an insane but not cheap asking price of $14K.
Couple other Monte SS's in Denver (they seem to coming out of the woodwork before the used car market craters in a few months) but the White One seems like the car to buy if I were in the market for an SS
00L0L_7JXswoe3Wl7z_0bC0fu_600x450.jpg

($10K but has MN tags, I wouldn't touch a car from there)

00909_lhYcHLJdfQYz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

(16K asking and probably worth 1/2 that IMHO).

Now this is the one I WANT:
00X0X_aQUkN7dVeIaz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I swear it had a reasonable asking price last night, but now is Best Offer.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
00L0L_7JXswoe3Wl7z_0bC0fu_600x450.jpg

($10K but has MN tags, I wouldn't touch a car from there)

but is it from there? or did they import from So Cal? I've seen that happen a lot.

Now this is the one I WANT:
00X0X_aQUkN7dVeIaz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I swear it had a reasonable asking price last night, but now is Best Offer.

well, Best Offer to me means less than reasonable asking price. what does it mean to you?

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
but is it from there? or did they import from So Cal? I've seen that happen a lot.

well, Best Offer to me means less than reasonable asking price. what does it mean to you?
I thought they had $4500 on it last night (he updated it 2hrs ago). I'd say anything <$7,500 in the Denver Market is reasonable for that car (most Denver cars are usually rust free and there's a ton of money here and cars are few and far between normally so prices are higher here than places like the Mid West.

Regarding the MN registration why would you register a car in that state if it wasn't from there? Realistically the car could be from ANYWHERE but having had a couple rust belt cars over the years NEVER again, will I touch a vehicle that's spent time there, no bargain is worth dealing with Rust.
VT & SD are the only 2 states that normally you'd register a car in to either avoid Emissions testing (both VT & SD allow registration by mail) or lost title (VT doesn't require it on 15+ year old vehicles) and the Rich boys register exotics in MT because they can avoid the high registration fees and taxes.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Regarding the MN registration why would you register a car in that state if it wasn't from there? Realistically the car could be from ANYWHERE but having had a couple rust belt cars over the years NEVER again, will I touch a vehicle that's spent time there, no bargain is worth dealing with Rust.
VT & SD are the only 2 states that normally you'd register a car in to either avoid Emissions testing (both VT & SD allow registration by mail) or lost title (VT doesn't require it on 15+ year old vehicles) and the Rich boys register exotics in MT because they can avoid the high registration fees and taxes.
To many variables, not enough info and pic quality is low.
Maybe the owner is a recent transfer to denver? Maybe he got a mint car at mn prices and is flipping it at denver prices. Who knows.
As for registration in mn, yes our prices are high for a new car. Its based on msrp of the vehicle and is graduated down with age. A 15 year old car is $60 annually. If you buy a classic car license plate its around $120 and is good for the life of the vehicle.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
really? I wouldn't have thought so with all that snow
Low humidity and dry most of the time there. I have been tempted to drag a few different projects home from the front range area of Colorado.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Low humidity and dry most of the time there. I have been tempted to drag a few different projects home from the front range area of Colorado.
I was tempted by more than one early k5... lucky (or unlucky?) For me I didn't have the time to do the long haul towing trips at the time

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I was tempted by more than one early k5... lucky (or unlucky?) For me I didn't have the time to do the long haul towing trips at the time
Around 1998-2000, Colorado Springs was the place to find a cheap air cooled Porsche.

Right now, rust free AMC era Jeeps are going for fairly cheap over there. I would probably have brought home a 70's Jeep Gladiator with a shag carpet interior if I wasn't already dragging a U-Haul trailer home for my dad.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
really? I wouldn't have thought so with all that snow there
Most of the winter here is Dry except for high in the mountains and our Relative humidity is low year round. You can find rust free IH Scouts and Jeep CJs here which is unheard of in most of the country.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor