Crappy old Bench Seat to Power Buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
As I get closer to the end of this project, the thing I am anticipating the most is replacing the bench seat with buckets. I finally tracked down an acceptable pair, the console and shifter, and after some shampooing and de-rusting the tracks and mounts, my thoughts went to getting 12V to the driver's seat which needs power. 12V Electricals is probably my absolute weakness, so if anyone can give me a step by step process to get the wire to the seat, I would love to hear it. I don't really care if the wire is always hot or tied to the ignition, but I wasn't sure if there were any relays and such. The controls are on the seat itself. They are from an S-10 Blazer, 2 door so I have the manual lumbar and seat back adjustments plus the tip forward. I still have to get the additional mounts since my 1980 did not have the 60/40. Once I do all that and get the headliner in, it is very close to a road trip!

Attachments

• Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 472
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Chuck, you got some explanin' to do... the pic in the back ground??? The girl on the left is pulling the other girls bikini to the side... I won't tell if you don't :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Chuck, you got some explanin' to do... the pic in the back ground??? The girl on the left is pulling the other girls bikini to the side... I won't tell if you don't :LOL: :LOL:

Hey hey...you imagination is over working!! Well...where to start...My L'il wifey knows how much I like LOOKING at girls in bikinis, so she bought me a poster full of them some years back since we live in Washington and there simply are none here. That room is intending to be my man cave one day, so everything in there is sacred and untouchable. I've attached another with my wife and son from 2016 so you can see there is no pulling or tugging, just all in a row. In the years since then, the poster gets moved out of family shots or covered, turned around...etc. My family roasts me for having it, but it was a gift from my dear wife and I could never, not display it out of respect. GOT IT? :rofl:

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 393
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor