Crate 350 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I don't think the picture is an actual representation. The description says "long block" not "complete engine".

I don't see any accessories here:
Also included in the turnkey packages are:

* Holley carburetor with electric choke
* Chrome air cleaner assembly
* ACDelco spark plugs
* HEI distributor
* Chevrolet Performance Parts red spiral core spark plug wires
* Long water pump
* 8 in. harmonic balancer
* 12 3/4 in. flexplate for automatic transmission
* Oil filter and adapter
* PCV valve
* PCV hose
* Oil dipstick and tube
* Fuel pump
* Starter

Reactions: 2 users

white85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2020
Ok I guess you can tell this is my first rodeo

I talked to the guys at summit and I was lead to believe that’s how it came I guess I misunderstood them , thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If it's any consolation, you should be able to swap everything: bracket for bracket, bolt for bolt to the new engine without moving the accessories around.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

white85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2020
If it's any consolation, you should be able to swap everything: bracket for bracket, bolt for bolt to the new engine without moving the accessories around.
Yes I figured I could do that , thank you.

white85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2020
Ok just to correct this for future views, this does come with the accessories. The water pump is counter clockwise so a new fan & fan clutch will need to be purchased as well, I’m still looking into the a/c.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Ok just to correct this for future views, this does come with the accessories. The water pump is counter clockwise so a new fan & fan clutch will need to be purchased as well, I’m still looking into the a/c.
You can just buy a standard rotation water pump and use all of your accessories and fan set up then sell the reverse rotation pump.
The reverse pump needs to be used with a serpentine set up.

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Yes I figured I could do that , thank you.
Don’t open the A/C if it works you can hang it out of the way over the fender don’t add to your cost you don’t need to completely remove it from the car if it still works

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor