Crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codyccg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2021
Flint,mi
Might be a dumb question but will I be able to install the motor and trans with the crossmember in or should I wait

Scoot-71

Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
Might be a dumb question but will I be able to install the motor and trans with the crossmember in or should I wait
i do believe it will fit, might be a little struggle tho

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I used to do it all the time but having a tool something like this makes it easier to get the exact angle you need.
1617232933983.png

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Crossmember out. If the motor and trans are put in assembled, the tail housing will touch the floor in order the get the bell housing under the firewall. If you install the engine and transmission separately, you need the space to slide transmission up and into place.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Not to sound sarcastic - it's 4 bolts dude - take it out. Then you have lots of room.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor