Crossover Pipe Gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Trying to replace the crossover pipe gaskets on my 84 Cutlass Supreme, 307 vin Y. Walker shows a listing for one of the donut seals on the passenger side, but I think that is for the down pipe. I also had ordered a Fel-Pro engine gasket kit that came with some of the seals, but not the ones I needed. Any ideas?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
That crossover pipe doesn't have seals or gaskets. Tapered pipe on tapered manifold you just have to tighten it so it aligns just right. Its a crappy design.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

gbodysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
There is a mating surface on the passenger side manifold, but there is just a flat machined surface on the drivers' side. Am I missing something?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There is a mating surface on the passenger side manifold, but there is just a flat machined surface on the drivers' side. Am I missing something?
Take a pic. Some have the heat riser valve but it should still be there, valve or not.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
EX MAN.jpg

That does have gasket to the manifold I think it is a Felpro 21719DC and is basically unavailable.

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Correct on no gasket needed for the crossover pipe flange on Olds 307 V8 with stock exh manifolds.

However, the gaskets for the exhaust manifolds are discontinued by GM, but you can get aftermarkets, or find NOS ones on the open market somewhere.

The donut gasket is for the down pipe to the cat. That's the one with the 3 bolt/spring flange on it. The EFE valve on driver side has a 2 bolt flange gasket between the manifold and EFE valve itself.

GM p/n 22526988, FELPRO 60771 or equivalent is the EFE to manifold gasket on the driver side.

GM p/n 1262500, Walker 31511, or Mahle F7207 is the donut gasket on the passenger side to the down pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor