Cruise Control Stalk Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
Hey guys - I want to use my cruise control stalk to run my TCC and my line lock. The stalk has three wires and I figured out how to my this work using a common fused power, then one output for TCC and one for the line lock. My only concern is the amperage that the little cruise control wires can handle. The TCC solenoid pulls 0.5A and the line lock is supposed to be fused for 4A. Neither would be on together, and the line lock only momentarily. I really hate to run a relay setup for something that is 4A and 0.5A...seems silly. Any insight appreciated!

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That's some pretty thin wiring. Super cheesy. It MAY hold 4A, but who knows. It should do .5 A momentarily no sweat I would imagine. Some of the electricians here who actually know electron flow would be better suited than I to answer about the 4A.

Reactions: 1 user

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
That's some pretty thin wiring. Super cheesy. It MAY hold 4A, but who knows. It should do .5 A momentarily no sweat I would imagine. Some of the electricians here who actually know electron flow would be better suited than I to answer about the 4A.
The 0.5A would be for long periods of time, since it’s the TCC solenoid. I’ll see what other guys says but I guess I’ll probably end up adding relays even though it’s tiny amounts of current.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The 0.5A would be for long periods of time, since it’s the TCC solenoid. I’ll see what other guys says but I guess I’ll probably end up adding relays even though it’s tiny amounts of current.
Good luck on it. I'd choose relays just to be sure, because they're relatively cheap. Couldn't tell you the number of times I accidently let the smoke out of electrical components when I guessed wrong. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
x2
Use relays and call it a day.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
flemming442 where are you?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor