Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
One thing I noticed is that the transmission cooler line ports have adapters from what appears to be 5/16 line (3/8 thread) to 3/8 line. I've never done the transmission lines on this car, but on a B/D body I have and they were just 5/16 inverted flare brake lines I had to bend to shape.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
No issues with the radiator being too thick. My car apparently had the 3-row from the factory. A 2-row radiator would be a different part# CU570.

The main problem was mounting the original transmission cooler lines. I'm guessing in the fight to get them loose, the lines got stretched from their original position. And in reattaching them, the new radiator is slightly cocked to the right. This particular brand did in fact have adapters that needed removed for 3/8" transmission lines to accommodate the 5/16" lines that came on these cars. Not sure what/if any 1988 and prior GM car (or any domestic brand for that matter) had 3/8" transmission lines.

The drain plug on the driver's side, in the back side of the plastic tank (!?) is definitely in a spot where you might as well not have a drain plug. But, it's just where this radiator "fits" 1968-1988 instead of being actually specific to any era or generation in between.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor