Curb Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

joye227

Apprentice
May 11, 2009
South Carolina
I have an 85 cutlass salon and I was wondering does anyone know the weight/curb weight of the car. It still factory with full interior and everything. I did a search but couldn't find any useful info.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
joye227 said:
I have an 85 cutlass salon and I was wondering does anyone know the weight/curb weight of the car. It still factory with full interior and everything. I did a search but couldn't find any useful info.

no sticker in the driver's door that provides GVW and stock tire size?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Take it somewhere with scales and weigh it. Easiest way to find out for sure.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
My guesstimate is 3450lbs. However, it could range from around 3100 to 3600 lbs, depending on the car and it's options.

gto78

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2010
Port St Lucie, Florida
Both my 78 and 79 Grand Am's weighed 3450 lbs +- 50 on the scales. Also, in Florida the vehicle registration usually says the vehicles weight. That's how they tax us on our yearly license plate renewal. Maybe your registration gives the weight. When you look at it, make sure it's not the "Gross Vehicle weight". That's not the actual weight, gross is the total weight allowed of a fully loaded vehicle and/or anything it's towing.

ponchoman49

Apprentice
May 27, 2009
NY
Olds Cutlass Salon coupes with the 231 V6 weighted in around 3250 and 307 cars were a hair under 3400. If your car is fully loaded with options such as moonroof, power options like seats etc add a few more pounds to each of those quoted figures.

joye227

Apprentice
May 11, 2009
South Carolina
Thanx everyone. It is a bucket seat car with power drivers seat, console with floor shifter and I do have a astroroof. I think I will take it and get it weighed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor