GRAND PRIX Current best brand of window sweeps etc. to repair doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

43grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2010
I realize that the subject of window sweeps has been beaten to pieces. After YEARS of putting up with almost gone window sweeps, I'm finally going to order a set for my '82 Grand Prix! It was recommended to me to buy Steele Rubber Products like this: https://www.steelerubber.com/beltline-weatherstrip-80-0531-57 (Will have to see if my GP has the reveal moldings or not.)

Also need to order the anti-rattle window kit and book from G-Body Parts.com and of course door lock cylinders. I already have two GM factory power window regulator motors to put in as well. Am physically unable to do this work myself, so will need to have a body shop do it. Is there any thing special that I should tell the body shop when they replace all of these parts? Thanks.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Check out Rockauto there price is alot cheaper than the ones you are looking at. I've got afew sets of Fairchild l think they were called, look an work good!

If your getting a Body shop to do the work they should know every trick and then some.

Also check out Rockauto for the other parts you need.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Yes the sweeps are screwed in,i picked up that window rattle kit,all it was a mere package of velcro.not very impressive.not all body shops are filled with guys that got started in the trade working on these cars so don't be surprised if they're not door-window adjusting wizards.a lot changed these cars are 30+years old

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
Do you know where this bolt is that you supposedly loosen to make the glass sink deeper into the door to access the screws?

Reactions: 1 user

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
I realize that the subject of window sweeps has been beaten to pieces. After YEARS of putting up with almost gone window sweeps, I'm finally going to order a set for my '82 Grand Prix! It was recommended to me to buy Steele Rubber Products like this: https://www.steelerubber.com/beltline-weatherstrip-80-0531-57 (Will have to see if my GP has the reveal moldings or not.)

Also need to order the anti-rattle window kit and book from G-Body Parts.com and of course door lock cylinders. I already have two GM factory power window regulator motors to put in as well. Am physically unable to do this work myself, so will need to have a body shop do it. Is there any thing special that I should tell the body shop when they replace all of these parts? Thanks.
I bought window sweeps for my 82 Grand Prix from a company called convertible top specialties. They fit perfectly and were reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor