custom center console

Status
Not open for further replies.

82 EL CO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2007
ive been wanting to make a center console for my 82 elco and was wondering if any one has made thier own. i want to make it out of fiber glass. my plans are to make a "mold" out of styro foam then wrap it with tin foil and glass around it. does any one have any advice or some suggestions. also if prople have some pics that would be great thanks for the help

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
i took one out of a 90 something blazer in my old Elky... just trimmed to fit. Why make one if its already done? 8)

125.jpg

CutMonRegMan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2007
Tony_SS said:
i took one out of a 90 something blazer in my old Elky... just trimmed to fit. Why make one if its already done? 8)

125.jpg

That looks good, what did does seats come out of as well?

82 EL CO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2007
i want to make one so its all smooth and looks good, i want it to have speakers and gauges too. ive seen alot of home made ones and they look great. i also plan on making all custom interior (dash door panels and head liner) i thinks it looks great when its all painted and is really smooth and its all matching.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
where would you get fiberglass sheets that large? I'm kind of interested in doing some work with fiber glass too. I was going to sstart simple with some speaker pods behind the seats for when I do my stereo.

82 EL CO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2007
i was jt going to make a mold out of styrofoam then get the little patches of glass and work around it add more in some spots with wodden supports but im not sure how id do the head liner i also wanna make one in the back for subs and amps too

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
thats kinda like the stock ones. at least the style or idea of it. I like that though...my main concern would be like..keeping it in place though.
also its not as big as I thought you were saying so that would explain a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor