Custom Oil Pan, anyone done one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Hello all, I am building a 4.1 Stroker (4.5) Buick for the wagon. Since I have it apart, I've ben floating the idea of building a custom oil pan. A little deeper, with kick outs and trap doors. Has anyone done one before?

I can tell you they aren't made for the 14 bolt Buick V6's, though RJC makes a deep one, that is actually a bit too deep for me.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I’ve never made one, but I did run a moroso 21049 pan in my car. Along with the 22187 pump. Maybe you can use them as ideas. They worked well for depth and oil control in my 7800 rpm 4.25” stroke motor.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Canton made to order pans are very high quality. I haven't put mine on my Olds 358 yet. I have not heard of any issues unlike Moroso and Milidon pans.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
As a fabricator, I'd like to tackle this myself. Some time ago, you could buy "drop-in" road race baffle/trap door kits. But they seem to not be available anymore.

I planned on doing as you guys suggested, I'm just going to look at another pan and copy it. This is mainly street driving currently, but with the new engine auto-x and twisties are in the cards.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor