Cut 1/4 off 5660 coil springs... And ruined them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
There are just too many variables to have a blanket formula. Engine size and weight, suspension age, bushing torque, body mount condition, etc. It's going to be different on almost every car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There are just too many variables to have a blanket formula. Engine size and weight, suspension age, bushing torque, body mount condition, etc. It's going to be different on almost every car.

on a stock G body with a SBC it will drop 1" for every 1/4 coil cut on the 5660. If the car is lighter or heavier then the cut can be adjusted but at least it gave me a starting point

Reactions: 1 user

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
I cut the correct end. Any white on the bottom end was the white out paint I used to mark where I wanted to cut some drip onto the lower coil. The paint mark from the factory indicating the top is still there

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor