Cute, GMPartsdirect.com. Very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Another dis to the Oldsmobile crowd out there.

On their website I just found today...never looked for it before but just noticed it...Person who wrote it probably was born after Oldsmobile died.

1674670832205.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Beyond that, I just bought a set of intake gaskets for my grandfather's car and I can't get over how dumb the new GM logo on the packaging looks.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Beyond that, I just bought a set of intake gaskets for my grandfather's car and I can't get over how dumb the new GM logo on the packaging looks.
I had another word to describe it. At least they didn't put a rainbow on it...yet.

They had very recently spent a zillion dollars on re-branding their parts lineup to gold, silver and OEM. And now they did it again. Who is the moron making these craptastic decisions?

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
No look for Pontiac either. Just the late-model crap nobody cares about and will be lucky to last 15 years

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I had another word to describe it. At least they didn't put a rainbow on it...yet.

They had very recently spent a zillion dollars on re-branding their parts lineup to gold, silver and OEM. And now they did it again. Who is the moron making these craptastic decisions?
On the upside they just announced an 850m investment in a gen6 v8... so, gas power isn't dead yet. Guess they're learning only so many trucks sell in the inner city and many people want to, you know, TOW things and not get 45 miles per charge on their ev garbage.

Reactions: 6 users
Nov 4, 2012

I hate to break it to the folks at GM but the corporate logo wasn't the problem. Their shít quality, questionable styling, multiple brand identity crises (What even is Buick?) and the fact the most of their affordable models aren't made in the US is the issue.

If you haven't already, I'd highly suggest reading the book On A Clear Day You Can See General Motors. This sounds like the very same corporate mismanagement that John DeLorean spoke of GM in the 60s and 70s.

Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I hate to break it to the folks at GM but the corporate logo wasn't the problem. Their shít quality, questionable styling, multiple brand identity crises (What even is Buick?) and the fact the most of their affordable models aren't made in the US is the issue.
You forget the whole building waaay too many fake 'suv' that are neither sports oriented nor have much utility, but, you can pick between 4 tiny versions each 2" bigger than the one before within a single nameplate lineup.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
GMPartsDirect is the same outfit that folded and cracked a Qjet mounting gasket to squeeze it into a too small shipping package. Then the dipshits would not respond after I contacted them about the part they damaged.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I can't speak for the cracked Qjet mounting gasket, but I've only had one problem with them in almost 20 years of buying junk from them. They left a part out of the order, but shipped it right away after I told them about it. It only takes a couple days from where they are to get to me, so it's not a long time delay. They do suck a bit when it comes to communications as if there is a question about the part, they're long time in getting around to answering any of those type requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor