Cutlass Calais 1981 th700r4 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Hi,

My name is Waldo , I write from Santiago of Chile, I would like to buy an Oldsmobile Cutlass calais 1981, Its come with a th200 or th350 , (not sure), transmission, but I would like to put a THM700r4 , I think I need cut the driveshaft and maybe replace or change crossmember.

Someome here has change the factory transmission to THM700r4? , How I need to replace or think in change to make the swap?

Please sorry for my bad english.....

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Waldo.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
In addition to the crossmember and cutting the driveshaft you will need the tv(Throttle valve) cable and the geometry correction bracket for the carburator you are using. The proper adjustment of the cable is very important in these transmissions. If you are using a lock up converter you will also need a lock up kit for the transmission.

Reactions: 1 user

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
In addition to the crossmember and cutting the driveshaft you will need the tv(Throttle valve) cable and the geometry correction bracket for the carburator you are using. The proper adjustment of the cable is very important in these transmissions. If you are using a lock up converter you will also need a lock up kit for the transmission.

Hi, thanks for your response, I need to replace the crossmember for new one? how I need to cut the driveshaft 1 or 2"? or more?

Waldo.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Waldo,

No olvides, si tu coche tiene un motor de Oldsmobile, you will need an adapter plate to use a 700R4. The 700R4 does not bolt up to a Buick-Olds-Pontiac motor. Transdapt sells them. Here's a link.....

http://www.tdperformance.com/Transmission-Adapters
Hi anubis, The car now come with The real nasty 260 engine i would like to put a 305 gm engine Its moré easy yo find parts and moré funny .

Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor