Cutlass Cruiser resurrection ~ Single Turbo + 4.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Good to see the knowledable guys have already chimed in, I will say I want to see how it all comes together

Reactions: 1 users

Nutty Cutty

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
I got an issue guys. Maybe someone can help me. I bought the cheap converter spacer to mate the th350 to my LS but there's a big gap between the flex plate and the conference bolt pads. I don't want to destroy the trans pump.
Screenshot_20190711-062333_eBay.jpg

Should I swap to the crank style spacer instead and does this go between flex plate and stall? See pic below

Screenshot_20190711-062255_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I got an issue guys. Maybe someone can help me. I bought the cheap converter spacer to mate the th350 to my LS but there's a big gap between the flex plate and the conference bolt pads. I don't want to destroy the trans pump.
View attachment 117880

Should I swap to the crank style spacer instead and does this go between the crank and flex plate this eliminating the need for the other spacer? See pics below

View attachment 117879
Buy once, cry once. I completely understand trying to save a few bucks here and there, but it'll usually end up costing you more down the road.

Reactions: 1 user

Nutty Cutty

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
I guess I need to add some info. I was typing on my phone earlier.

With the converter snout spacer on the converter the snout does not bottom out in the spacer. I think it could be too long which would cause more space between the stall and flex plate. I will trim it down. I just didn't want to end up wiping out the thrust bearing in the motor if I have too much spacing and the stall is bottomed out in the trans pump.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The turbo needs a Caterpillar sticker on it

:)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Nutty Cutty

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
Yeah the idea was for it to be Gold. The powder coat I did is nice but I'm not crazy about the color overall. I may do it something bright and colorful. Neon something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor