cutlass dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2017
Crestline, Ohio
So when I first got my current 79 I couldn't find a good dash assembly. Ended up finding a perfect Grand prix dash and was planning on just using that instead wouldn't take much to swap it. Been working on a frame off ls swap and am now to the point of interior.
A few months back I found a near perfect cutlass dash local to me so I bought it complete for $500, only crack is very minor near at the screw hole for the defrost. Now that I have it I am still thinking of going with the GP dash just because I like the look of the gauge layout better.

Has anyone on here ever put a GP dash in a cutlass? trying to figure out which direction to go. I know this sounds like a silly dilemma but I am really struggling LOL.
I would probably just sell whichever one I don't end up using.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I havent done the swap but I have pulled and installed several dashes. The dash pad itself would bolt right in, the problem would be if you want to use the stock gauges. All the connectors for the gauges on the Cutlass are different than the GP.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Very easy swap. The Gran Prix dash is preferred due to its size.

I have a Cutlass dash and Regal dash in fair condition if you're interested in either.

Buckeye79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2017
Crestline, Ohio
Very easy swap. The Gran Prix dash is preferred due to its size.

I have a Cutlass dash and Regal dash in fair condition if you're interested in either.
Already have both Cutlass and grand prix dash that are in excellent condition. Just trying to decide which one to use then I'm probably going to sell the other.
Are either one of the dash assembly worth more than the other in the resale market?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Already have both Cutlass and grand prix dash that are in excellent condition. Just trying to decide which one to use then I'm probably going to sell the other.
Are either one of the dash assembly worth more than the other in the resale market?
Here's the thing... once a crack starts it will keep growing in the sun/heat/cooling cycles.

If gp dash is zero crack I'd use that. Let someone else over pay for an "almost" crack free dash that will be more likely to go to crap quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor