Cutlass Drag Car 85 442

Pulled off the power steering box and put in a manual steering box. And removed some wiring under the dashboard that was no longer needed

Reactions: 1 user
Never tried to deep stage. I know that I can hit 7’s at Mason Dixon dragway. I always run quicker there. Better air/altitude. I suppose.
Sorry I wasn’t clear. Deep staging will slow the car down. I just know that a lot of slower reacting foot brake cars seem to do better deep staging to hit the tree. Shallow staging gives you a running start at the lights.

Reactions: 1 users
FA6C932E-F551-4042-9DDD-D5A7CE03CA9F.jpeg
Spent the day at Maple Grove running in the Race for the House charity race On Saturday. Laid down some good consistent passes. I also chatted with the 2023 NHRA Sportsman/Street National runner up ( so #2 in the Nation last year Who runs a gorgeous black Cutlass). Not a bad day at all!

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry I wasn’t clear. Deep staging will slow the car down. I just know that a lot of slower reacting foot brake cars seem to do better deep staging to hit the tree. Shallow staging gives you a running start at the lights.
No worries. I know some people that Deep stage. I never tried it though. I have cut a.001 ligh and some.004 lights. Average good day is about a.030

No worries. I know some people that Deep stage. I never tried it though. I have cut a.001 ligh and some.004 lights. Average good day is about a.030
If you can average an .030 light in sportsman you'll do a good amount of winning. I got tired of running Super Eliminator and not being able to win with a .020 package. I was losing races by .001-.002 and just didn't enjoy going anymore. My car was outdated for Super being a backhalved Chevelle with a manaully shifted t-400. No powerglide, no tube chassis, no electric shifter, no methanol fuel. I could hit the tree, just the car was becoming a little inconsistent the faster I went with it. It started wheelstanding more, then it would spin the tire on hot days. My car was affected by weather more than the alcohol fueled cars, and I just didn't want to spend the money to upgrade. so I walked away from racing after almost 30 years.

• Wow
C0BB0804-695F-4D27-A886-4EA4DCCDEB2E.jpeg
I finally made it happen! I won an event. Put the Cutlass in the winner’s circle

Attachments

• Winner1.jpg
    Winner1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
CongratulationsI

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor