Cutlass euro header panel shipping help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WisconsinCutlass

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2014
I recently took the Euro front end off my car and swapped for an 84 front. I'd like to sell my Euro front on here or ebay, but don't have any clue how to go about shipping it. The only boxes I can find that are big enough for it come in bundles of 10 and cost $95.00. Is there any better way to ship a large item like this? The only other thing I can think of is lots of bubble wrap and banding to a pallet, and my work might not let me use the banding equipment for personal use. Any other suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
you're on the right track you could easily freight it from your work on a pallet as freight and then you will have to power to supervise and make sure it gets placed on top. When you send it through the mail you are absolutely taking a chance and it ends up costing nearly the same for at least twice as much risk somebody is going to beat it up. You could also just put the cost on the buyer and take it to the UPS shipping store and insure it. Then if something happens it's not on you and they pay part or all of the cost. Recently my dad had the same problem with an odd shaped item on ebay. The buyer said in an earlier communication he already had a copy of the item in damaged condition and wanted to know what kind of condition our item was in. Sure enough he buys the item, then files a complaint to get his money back immediately after it arrived 'damaged' to his house. How do we know whether the post office beat it up or he's lying? We don't. Thankfully we had insurance or it would have been a total loss. Every time you ship a car part like this the same type of fraud can occur because 1/2 of your 'buyers' most likely have a damaged copy of the same item they are trying to replace! After all, it is my opinion that the individual took our item and fooled the shipping office into accepting his copy as the damaged item! When you ship through an employer's office you have more power over the logistics to prevent this kind of fraud from occuring at all. When you ship through a store you prevent yourself from taking a huge loss if a person lies on ebay and says the item arrived damaged , then files on paypal to lock the funds. This can result in a situation where you have given a part away for free and had to pay shipping for a total loss (if ebay rules in the buyer favor) so beware of this common scam before shipping any item over ebay yourself. I would cancel a bid if a person has under 10 transactions or or just made an account the other day b/c its suspicious.

Did you check with local stores for used boxes they have in their recycling? I work at a bodyshop and we throw alot of cardboard out to recycle. Several big boxes a week. We also trash lots of used shipping material that we can't recycle locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor