cutlass hinge covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
hey all. have a question may be some one can answer, i was wondering if the chrome hinge covers for cutlass seats can be re chromed, i have a few sets but none are show quality. i been waiting for GBODY PARTS.COM to come out with some but no luck yet. there is a chrome shop near me but figured maybe some one on here would be able to answer the question, thanks in advance.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
It can be really expensive. The process is called vacuum metalizing (or similar). I had a quote to redo a set of grilles for around $500. Was just as cost effective to find an NOS set.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
yeah i kinda figured it is going to be expensive. but i cant find a nice set. i have spent a lot on my interior, and don't want scratched up ones. would make every thing i have don't look like crap.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
found a company in Cali that will strip the chrome off mine and re chrome for 45.00 a part. think i might go that route. but there are a total of 8 that need done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor