Cutlass Interior pull handle dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to start working on creating some aluminum door panels for my Buick, but I want to have some sort of oh $%£t! handles in there as well...trying to keep it close to OEM, so I've been decided to go with Cutlass/442-style pulls (see pic). I've been looking for some to buy to prototype but either A) they're too damn expensive on Fleabay or B) I just can't find any for sale. Can someone provide me some dimensions? All I'm really looking for is the mounting hole distance for the plate/base that attaches to the door, length/width of the plate/base (I know it's got kind of a trapezoidal shape), length of the raised part of the handle, and the height of the handle ...if I could just get some basics that'd be enough to get me going...any info would be very much appreciated, thanks
image.jpeg

REGAL8r

Apprentice
May 7, 2017
i have a nice pair of cutty uppers,,,i can send you them if you pick up the freight and keep me in line when the customs are "all said and done"?;) where in-indy(cant i say that?) are you? i have a brother -in law from new albany...

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
Hey Regal8r,
I'd be happy to pick up shipping/freight costs...and also keep you updated on the customs. Got some other custom stuff I need to send off to the shop...just need $$ to be able to pay for machine work until I get some more toys, Er, tools lol...
This is kind of what I'm going for -it's for a Miata but you'll kinda get the picture. Once I start designing I can post pics, I'm sure it'll probably change 100 times...lol. Im trying to set up my car for auto-x/road racing, and I'm going for a mix between oem g-body and Porsche/old European sports car feel. Lots of neat little detail things on those cars, plus it'll probably be cheaper than trying to buy reproduction parts...I live in NE Indy near McCordsville, but I grew up in Evansville so I've been through New Albany plenty through the years going to Louisville.
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor