Cutlass Passenger side remote mirror

Trader history for JAMCAR223 (0)

JAMCAR223

JAMCAR223

G-Body Guru
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Looking for a good working mirror, with good glass. Preferably with the bezel for the controller that mounts on the Driver side of the dash. Color does not matter.

JAMCAR223

JAMCAR223

G-Body Guru
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Hi I have a working pass rh remotre mirror. Might have the bezel for dash also but have to check that
I have found one, and forgot to update this post. Thanks 442kid, but i have what i need.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Rus

Rus

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Hi I have a working pass rh remotre mirror. Might have the bezel for dash also but have to check that
I'd be interested in the mirror, if still available.

442kid

442kid

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
Stoney Creek Ontario Canada
I'd be interested in the mirror, if still available.
Hi yes it is available here is a pic and I do have that trim bezel for the dash. Pm if still interested thx Darryl

Attachments

JAMCAR223

JAMCAR223

G-Body Guru
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Hey 442kid, It's been a week, and I do not see a reply from Rus. I have the mirror, but I still need the dash bezel.Send me a pic, and a price. Thanks!

Rus

Rus

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I pm d and passed as got one complete locally.

Reactions: JAMCAR223
69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 2, 2006
EDIT: The mirror glass mentioned herein is for the SPORT mirrors (RPO D35)

As an FYI, If you find that your 78-88 A/G-body mirror needs just the mirror glass, Driver Side is p/n 9606230 (has the little numbers etched at the top) and Passenger is the convex mirror with the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" language, p/n 20210902. The aftermarket stuff I've seen does not have the little numbers etched in them. So if you're after the right fit and quality, get the GM mirror glass. They're discontinued from GM, but you can usually dig them up because they used them over a huge span of time. Unfortunately, if you need to replace the glass due to fogging, cracks, edge delamination, etc., you have to bust out the original mirror glass to replace it. So don't attempt it until you have the right glass in hand.

Parts books for 1986 applications may give you the incorrect mirror glass because they never changed one of the numbers for the glass. GM was going to use the same mirrors as Monte sport mirrors as well as the euro front ends starting in 86, but then pulled that back and started the euro nose in 87, but the Monte sport mirrors never returned.

I did some legwork for y'all if you need them. I already got a handful of each of these glasses so I think I'll be set for life.

That said, the passenger remote mirror replacement is a royal PITA if you aren't taking the dash out. That cable is buried in there where you can't hardly get to it.

Last edited:
JAMCAR223

JAMCAR223

G-Body Guru
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Thanks for that info... Again! I will clean & polish my glass, and then make a decision to replace or not. I have my dash out of the car.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Deadeyejedi80 Wanted 1
Pc3 Wanted 8
cruize1 Wanted 3
cruize1 Wanted 5
R Wanted 0

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor